I’m about to share a deeply moisturizing facial moisturizer recipe that’ll leave your skin so radiant, hydrated, and healthy. If you have dry skin, this recipe will transform how your skin feels. My Moroccan mother would put this on her face every day before breakfast.
She’s been using this natural oil blend to keep her skin healthy for years!
The aloe vera gel base and the blend of deeply moisturizing oils, including Moroccan argan oil (of course) is the perfect combination to fix dry skin.
Of course, if you are missing one of these oils, just use what you have. Whenever I run out, I’ve used other oils as a substitute.
What You Need:
Aloe vera gel: We’ll use aloe vera gel for 50% of the mixture and as a base. If you don’t find aloe vera gel, you use the water; just use less so it’s less ‘watery.’ You can also use a base regular creme you have if you’re desperate in the meantime. Make sure to grab yourself some aloe vera, though, for next time.
Oil Blend: I’ll use argan, almond, and jojoba oil.
If you need to grab yourself a few of these oils, here are my Amazon recommendations:
Why I Use These Ingredients for Skin Moisturizer:
I’ve used aloe vera for many years for its health benefits: It’s so hydrating and gives a surge of moisture to your skin without leaving it feeling oily or greasy. It’s also good for all skin types and will make you feel fresh!
Another benefit of aloe is it can help boost skin cell regeneration. So, if you’re starting to see a few lines, aloe can be a great addition to your skin routine to help minimize the appearance of fine lines and also scars.
Argan, Almond, and Jojoba Oil Blend:
- As a Moroccan, I use argan oil frequently because I grew up hearing about all its benefits. It contains Vitamin E and good fatty acids to keep your skin young!
- I use almond oil for its antioxidant properties and ability to improve skin’s elasticity.
- Jojoba oil helps regulate sebum production and also contains anti-inflammatory properties.
So, in my opinion, this is the perfect blend to deliver some good nutrients to your skin.
How to Make Your DIY Facial Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- Grab a clean bowl and compile the aloe vera gen and the oils (argan, almond, and jojoba). If you’re missing an oil, that’s okay. Just use what you have.
- Stir gently until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Apply a small amount on your face and massage it until deeply absorbed.
- Use the rest on your hands, arms, and legs, or store it for later.
Tips to Improve Absorption:
Here are a few key tips to help your skin absorb well:
- Avoid applying the cream before bed. You’ll just end up having all the oils absorbed by your pillow, especially if you’re a side sleeper (I am)
- I’d put it on a few hours before bed or early in the morning, about an hour before putting on make-up
- Clean your face before putting the moisturizer on to improve absorption.
What to do with Extra Facial Moisturizer.
I put the rest in a small container or bottle and just hide it in my bathroom storage for later use. You want to protect it from light and keep it in a cool place.
I hope you will make this amazing facial moisturizer and immediately feel its benefits on your skin.
It’s such a good way to pamper your skin daily and give it all the amazing nutrients to keep young, radiant, and healthy.